School and Campus
Montessori Academy's campus is located on 14 beautiful acres with tall trees, a meadow, a salmon-run creek, and a lovely lake that is a bird refuge for ducks and geese. Our nature and environmental studies are conducted in this beautiful environment.
- King Fisher
- Beautiful Barn Swallow
- Bohemian Waxwing
- Mallard Duck
- Frog - Look closely. It is well camouflaged.
- Green Tree Frog
- Canadian Goose
- Canadian Gosling
- Canadian Goose and Goslings
- Canadian Goose, Gander, and Goslings
- River Otters
- Robin's Eggs
- Robin's nest with the mother and baby robins.
|Two of our staff members bring their dogs to school.
Not all families have pets; it's a good experience for children to learn about animals, learn how to approach a dog, and understand how dogs behave.
These dogs are hypo-allergenic,
non-shedding, very well-trained,
gentle with children and adults, and well socialized.
The students love interacting with them.
The classrooms have access to two large playgrounds with swings and sports equipment for recess and physical education (PE).
- We are located in Federal Way, Washington, just off of Pacific Highway South
- The Hylebos Creek runs through our property
- Students have plenty of room to run and play
- Research shows that children need a green environment to thrive
- Research shows that fresh air and movement help children learn
- Our fall color is spectacular!
- Our campus has 14+ acres of green...
- ...including a lovely pond...
- ...that looks great wrapped in snow...
- ...and equally wonderful in June.
- Our campus attracts wildlife, and the students get to study them from afar.
- We love our old Maple tree!
- Come visit and see for yourself!